Monday, February 25, 2013

Stereotype Us Not!

So...ya think all African Americans are loud, ignorant, cursing basketball-loving rappers eh? Ya think all Asians are almond-eyed, lisp-speaking, chubby faced, arrogant, Buddha lovers correct? And don't even get me started on the whole "Dem White folk crackaz! They done took away our Allah and traded him in for the Trident White Jesus! Da shame in that biz!". Look, while I can say not all Asians are alike, not all Blacks are alike, not all Indians, are alike, not all Hispanics are alike, and not all Whites are alike, it is up to you to believe me. You, as the reader of my blog, can do one of three things:

1) X out and remain ignorant.

2) Nod and proclaim to change only to break that rule within the next five seconds (Ignorant person: Hey, fellow Hispanic! Me...uh, me Ricky! Me no speak Spanish! You no understand my ingles? Spanish guy: Dude, I speak fluent English).

3) You can ACTUALLY learn something and apply that knowledge for decades on end.

So don't don't be a wise-ass! Well...be wise but not an ass. Not all Whites hate Blacks. In fact, some were even against African-American slavery and tried to abolish it. Where do you think the Emancipation Proclamation came from? Hint: His initials are AL, he's the former president of America, he wrestled, and he was (sadly) shot and killed. Look people, anyone can generalize but that doesn't mean it's a true statement. I can grab a Bic pen and proclaim it to be evil. But unless I actually have any evidential proof, I can't make that claim. Just because three out of ten Indians are Hindus, doesn't mean the others are. Yes! There are some Christian Indians ignorant people.

That's what's wrong with this country and countries all over. We're too busy teaching hate and not love. We generalize. We stereotype. We go against. And I am one of those people to go out against it and do something. If you are against it just as much as I am, then I am going to start a protest against stereotyping. Not just against my race guys. Mind you, Blacks aren't the only ones that suffered. And this is stereotypes IN GENERAL!!! Not just my ethnicity and culture. Ever heard of a short Black dude that was horrible at basketball, didn't have a Small Man Complex, and actually preferred beef and ham over chicken? Well, now you know. The protest is going to be called "Stereotype Us Not!" and it goes out against all the stereotypes and generalizations people face. Once I get enough followers and comments, I will proceed with the protest. But YOUUUUUUUUU (Soulja boy tell em) guys got to help me. I need at least 50-100 followers (sorry if that's too much). If we are to make a difference in the world we are to start now. The time for change is always now! And with God all things are possible (apologies if you are of another religion). 

When you can prove all short people are insecure and aggressive, when you can prove all tall people are arrogant, when you can prove all Blacks are ignorant and speak slang, when you can prove all Hispanics speak Spanish and are racist, then I will take back my claim. Until then, peace and I bid you a jolly day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment